top of page

Complaints Procedure

SRA - Complaints Form
OISC - Complaints Form

                                       We hope that you are happy with the quality of service we provide.


Should you have any complaint about the handling of your case, please speak to our Solicitor/Caseworker who will try to resolve the problem. 


If you wish to make a complaint further, please make it in writing to our it can be made in writing to our Chair of Trustees:

The Chair

Youth Legal & Resource Centre

Devas Club

2a Stormont Road


SW11 5EN

If we are unable to resolve your complaint then you can have the complaint independently looked at by the Legal Ombudsman. The Legal Ombudsman investigates complaints about service issues with lawyers.


The Legal Ombudsman expects complaints to be made to them within one year of the date of the act or omission about which you are concerned or within one year of you realising there was a concern. You must also refer your concerns to the Legal Ombudsman within six months of our final response to you.

The Legal Ombudsman will first try and resolve your complaint formally and you will have a chance to put your case in writing. If you accept the Legal ombudsman’s decision, it will be final and binding on you. You can contact the Legal Ombudsman at:


Legal Ombudsman

PO Box 6806




Via email on

By phone number:  0300 555 0333 or at


In relation to the Debt and Money Advice, you can contact the Financial OmbudsmanService via email at:


By phone number: 0300 123 9 123 or 0800 023 456

In relation to the Immigration Advice, if we are unable to resolve matters to your satisfaction or you wish to pursue your complaint through other channels, you are entitled to contact the Office of the Immigration Services Commissioner (OISC) at any time.


Please complete the attached complaint form and email it to:


If you are unable to email the complaint form, please type onto the form and post it to:

The Office of the Immigration Services Commissioner Complaints Team

PO Box 567


Kent DA1 9XW

By phone number:  0345 000 0046


The OISC is the public body, which regulates immigration advice and services within the UK.The OISC may review your file as part of their regulatory role.


If you have complained to your solicitor about breaching the SRA Code of Conduct and you are not satisfied with their response, you can report them to the SRA.

Please send it to the Reports Team at:


The Cube
199 Wharfside Street
B1 1RN
DX 720293


Via email on:

Contact Centre:

Via email at: or by phone  0370 606 2555

bottom of page